Monday, March 30, 2009

Weird? Who Me?

So today I went to Cosi for lunch, only to discover that they have unveiled their "spring" specials. One of the specials was an edamame salad with a wasabi dressing...I hate wasabi so this was out of the question, however, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE edamame -- I can go through bowls of the shelled edamame with sea salt in a matter of minutes. Thus, I figured I'd have some added to my otherwise boring salad.

BIG MISTAKE. First, they do not taste the same. I am not sure if it is the shell that makes the difference or if Cosi just bought bad edamame, but these are gross. Second, Cosi normally skimps on the toppings. You are lucky to get five chopped pieces of tomatoes in your salad. Not the case with edamame. They are everywhere. Seriously more little beans than pieces of lettuce. So much fun to dig through my salad to try and avoid them! I will never get them again! I'll stick with the shelled, frozen kind of edamame...speaking, of Costco was out of the big bulk bags yesterday. Major bummer!

Anyways, aside from the mass quantities of edamame beans in my salad, everything going really well. Shane and I had a pretty relaxing weekend -- date night in Georgetown on Friday night(dinner at a bbq restaurant, followed by the movie "I love you, Man") and then, eye doctor, bikram, bumming on the couch and girls night (boys night for Shane) on Saturday. Regardless of how laid back the weekend was...it still went way too fast. If anyone has the secret to slowing weekends down, please let us know ASAP.

Alright, better get back to avoiding beans and getting some work done!

Miss you all tons!

Love,

Stephanie & Shane

PS -- Keep Toni in your thoughts today as she is undergoing surgery to fix her ACL. No fun!

1 comment:

Addict said...

Big Bikram fan :-) It's hard to do regularly though...